Solair Group’s new lines of affordable, battery-free, high efficiency solar aerators are an environmentally and financially responsible solution for your pond or lake aeration needs. Our economical break-through solar technology provides more aeration at lower long-term maintenance costs and lower overall costs after 3 or 4 years.
Solair aeration systems create a vertical current using the rising force of millions of small bubbles to entrain the water column, “turning the lake over” and allowing oxygen to be absorbed at the lake’s surface. By moving the lower-oxygen water up from the bottom and eliminating thermal stratification, oxygen levels are increased. Wide swings in oxygen are stabilized, preventing fish kills. Our systems also improve sport fisheries by allowing fish to expand their territory into formerly oxygen-deprived portions of the lake while providing ideal habitat for organisms in the fish food chain.
This system is both a cure and prevention for poor water quality, as the oxygen kick starts the bacteria that should be breaking down the organic matter, nitrites and phosphorous building up in the dams especially over summer. Once a build-up of sludge occurs, water quality begins to deteriorate rapidly as more aerobic bacteria are needed to break down the sludge, however there is not enough oxygen in the water to sustain the life of more bacteria. Prior to the aeration, dredging was one of the only options for dam restoration, which involves manually lifting out the sludge, which is an expensive process that usually requires water to be drained out.
The system eliminates the need for a power source to run the system and chemicals to combat the many problems caused by low oxygen, muck and high nutrients. Microorganisms, plants, fish and other animals in your dams need oxygen to live and nature may not be providing enough to keep everything healthy and in balance.
- The need to dredge or clean Dams and water sources
- Unsightly algae and weed
- Swarming Insects
- Specialized air pump, displaces air deep into the bottom of the dams
- Circulates entire water column
- Increases oxygen levels throughout water column
- Promotes beneficial bacteria growth
- Prevents fish kills
- Reduces nutrient levels and associated algae growth
- Oxidizes/reduces bottom muck
- Expands oxygenated habitat for improved fisheries stocking density
- Reduces aquatic midge and mosquito insect hatches
- Eliminates foul odors from undesirable dissolved gases
- Safeentry -- no electricity in the water